RaySense Buried Fiber Optic Security System
The LONGEST Buried Fiber Optic Intrusion Detection System in the market.
- Up to 100km/62miles per processing unit in loop configuration.
- Up to 50km/31miles per processing unit in straight line configuration.
- Within 6m/20ft resolution over the entire perimeter.
- Signature based detection.
- Can be used on the fence and underground with same cable and controller.
- No electronics or power required in the field.
- IP based Remote control and monitoring - Software based zones.
With the longest fiber optic monitoring capabilities in the market the RaySense provides 100% perimeter coverage for long range applications with no gaps between sensors, the cable is the sensor.
The system detects and locates intrusions based on signature data base to avoid any false.
The detection capability is based on acoustics which allows the cable to detect without any physical movement of the cable which allows it to be buried in any type of ground.
The RaySense requires no power in the field and installation minimizes the need for trenching and expensive installation methods.
The RBtec point intrusion detection system is the most cost-effective, high-performance solution for protection of long perimeters and other infrastructure.
Deploying RaySense fiber optic intrusion detection system provides reliable perimeter security for up to 100 km/62 Miles through a single fiber-optic cable, detecting and locating within 6 meters/20 feet over the entire perimeter. Daisy-chaining additional controllers provide unlimited reach. Seven different levels of actual physical sensitivity, through the cable configuration, optimizes system performance for different media requirements, including chain link fence, buried cable, or wrought iron. Additionally, because of the extreme sensitivity, the cable can be used with protective conduit without affecting required sensitivity and allowing greater installation flexibility, convenience and system longevity.
Return on your investment
Utilizing fiber-optic cable, the system is the most economically competitive technology currently available for long distances. Requiring only a single alarm processing unit (APU) to cover up to 100 km/62 Miles, combined with a rugged fiber-optic sensing cable, results in the most cost-effective solution for large perimeters.
- Airports and Sea Ports
- Energy and Utilities
- Petroleum and Chemical
- Military and Government
Advantages of RaySense Fiber Optic Sensor System
• 3RU, 19-inch, rack-mount, processing unit (APU) doesn't need temprature controlled room, reduces costs and electronics footprint in control room
• Hardware based on dedicated programmable microprocessor and DSP chips ensures fast stable performance
• The longest range precision monitoring capability with a single APU covering perimeters up to 100 km, reducing infrastructure requirements; daisy-chaining controllers provide unlimited reach
• Tightly integrates with the RBtec Vidalert Command and Control System enabling remote and centralized monitoring and control of the entire system
• Capable of pinpointing intrusion over the entire length of the perimeter to within 6m/20ft with unlimited zones
• Immune to electromagnetic, lightning and radio frequency interference (EMI/RFI) ensures reliable operation in challenging environments
• No power/communications requirements in the field reduce infrastructure costs
• Self-calibrated each hour; requires almost no maintenance and ensures system uptime
• TCP/IP interface allows non-proprietary communications using readily available network equipment
• Low energy consumption - produces nominal heat, eliminating need for air conditioned racks
• Field upgradeable firmware ensures equipment software can be brought up to the latest version on the spot, even over TCP/IP
Alarm Processing Unit (APU)
• Dimensions: 5.25”x 16.5” x 22”
• Weight: 12kg
• Power requirements: 80-100 W
• Number of channels: 1
• Maximum monitoring range: 100 km
• Frequency bandwidth: quasi-DC to 500KHz
• Hardware platform: dedicated reprogrammable FPGA and DSP chips
• Programming input: firmware upgrading via TCP/IP or USB port
• Communications output: XML via TCP/IP
• Calibration: automated
• Type of sensor cable: single-mode, providing seven different levels of actual physical sensitivity of the cable in order to optimize system performance for different ground and environmental conditions
• More sensitive than traditional cable, permitting use of protective jackets and conduits without affecting required sensitivity
• Robust design includes protection against insects and rodents
• Sensing cable length per APU: MIN 500 m, MAX 100 km
• Maximum passive lead-in length per APU: unlimited to maximum length
• Maximum number of zones: unlimited, software adjustable
• Flexible unlimited zonal configuration, permitting flexibility in sensitivity for every zone
• Smaller diameter of cable and robust protective jackets permit additional installation flexibility and convenience