Alarmed Carrier and Protective Distribution System (PDS)
Alarmed Carrier a Physical Cyber Security System for Communication Infrastructure
- Plug and Play Protected Distribution System
- 24/7/365 monitoring for tampering - eliminates daily visual inspections
- The sensor can be attached along the outside of the pipe/tray or threaded inside the pipe/tray.
- No need for Dark Fibers
- Fits any Communication Infrastructure
- Connects to any standard alarm system
- No Calibraion or Software - Standalone
- Uses Copper cable that is added to the conduit
- CNSSI 7003 Compliant
The Short Range Alarmed Carrier PDS is a physical cyber security solution for protected and secured distribution system. The system allow to add an intrusion detectio element to traditional conduits and cable trays.
The system is excels at supporting the growing demand for connections to classified networks while offering cost savings, enhanced security and the situational awareness required in today’s environment.
The system allows the user to monitor and protect any network infrastructure such as conduits, pipes, raceways, and cable trays.
Typical Alarmed Carrier PDS Applications Include:
- Short Range of up to 1000'/300m Point-to-point (e.g. trunk cable, building to building and room to room) and up to 2000'/600m from single point for 2 conduits/pipes.
Encryption Alternative for short distances
With automated monitoring, the PDS enhances network security and lowers operational costs through the replacement of the often neglected, daily human visible inspection process required to secure traditional secured distribution system. In some cases, A PDS systems can be used along with a flexible interlocking armored cable infrastructure to eliminate all requirements for EMT or rigid metallic conduit systems, resulting in significant material cost savings.
While encryption is an effective method for the protection of information in a long haul networks, an increasing number of government agencies are realizing the benefits of secured and alarmed PDS infrastructure and are using it instead or in conjunction with encryption. In some cases replacing existing encryptors to save costs and technical and maintenance issues.
The system complements any alarm system, as well as integrates with CCTV camera system.
The system is unique in its ability to protect most types of communication infrastructures.
- The sensor can be attached or threaded thru communication conduit and cable raceway to detect any drilling, tapping, lifting or anther method to reach the protected communication cables.
- Each processor can monitor up to 2 zones with 2 separate relay output per zone, the zones are sold pre-cut in 500'/1000' (152m/305m).
- The system is designed to connect to any alarm system /DVR/NVR/SCADA system.
- The sensor is Ideal for installation on any pipe and tray, metal or plastic.
- The system utilizes 3 layers of false alarm filtration - Algorithm of detection based on the frequency of vibrations detecting only vibrations associated with intrusion, 22 levels of sensitivity easily adjusted with dip switches.
Single/Dual Zone Microcontroller Module (LPU-304).
Operating Power Requirements: 12 – 24VDC 500mA @ 12VDC
Lightening Protection: Gas Discharge Devices on all Inputs/Outputs & Communication line.
Alarm Outputs: Intrusion and Line monitoring output for each zone. Dry contact relays with N.O. and N.C. contacts rated 1A @ 12VDC. Alarm
Power Status LED.
Alarm Relay Status LED.
Tamper Indication LED.
Enclosure: NEMA 4x, IP-66
9.5" x 7.5" x 2.75” (24cm x 19.5cm x 7.0cm)
Weight: 2.2 lbs (1Kg)
Environment: Operating Temperature: - 40°F to 176°F (-40°C to 80°C)
Relative Humidity up to 98% non-condensing.
Sensor Cable & Accessories: Maximum length per zone: 1000ft (305m). Avaliable in spools of 500/1000ft (152/305m)
Diameter: 0.118” (3mm)
End Of Line Resistor card: Outdoor weatherproof Enclosure Box, 1M ohm.