A perimeter security system uses the property boundary barrier and gives the owner a buffer time against intruders since it’s located away from the main building outline or footprint. Having a fence with a sensor cable marks your perimeter and offers a clear defined boundary and acts as the first line of defense and detection against trespassers. Perimeter security isn’t just about protecting the building on the property. It also addresses the areas outside of the facility such as the parking lot and garage, landscaping, loading docks, and outdoor equipment.
1. Cameras are a forensic tool, in most cases, you will see the video AFTER the event already ended. It does not help you stop or prevent the break in event.
2. Usually, cameras won’t cover 100% of the perimeter, in comparison to a fence alarm system you will always have blind spots where people can come in undetected.
3. Video analytics ability to detect is heavily relying on its ability to “see”, it’s a common mistake to think it will be able to monitor the perimeter 365/24/7. If weather conditions or objects (Vehicles, solar panels, containers) will block its line of sight the camera won’t able to detect an intrusion.
4. If you currently have no outdoor security the trespasser has an opportunity to plan their attack by surveying the area from the outside without being detected.
5. Indoor security does not protect the outside of your building, nor any items, property or machinery left outside of the alarmed zone.
The IRONCLAD is a sensor cable, the cable is attached to the fence to detect any cutting, climbing, lifting or jumping off the fence. A single line of the cable in the middle of the fence will detection the whole height of the fence up to 10ft/3m against any intrusion attempt.
Each processor / analyzer can monitor up to 2 zones with a separate alarm output per zone, the IRONCLAD is sold in pre-made and pre-cut in 250’/500’/1000′ (75m/152m/305m) lengths.
The IRONCLAD is designed to connect to any alarm system and is able to retrofit to old or new burglar alarms/DVR/NVR/SCADA systems.
Fully wrapped by stainless steel braid the IRONCLAD is Ideal for installation on wire fences, razor wires and concertina coil.
The system utilizes 3 layers of false alarm filtration. 1. The Algorithm of detection is designed to detect only sharp frequencies vibrations associated with intrusion attempts while filtering the long frequencies from weather 2. 22 levels of sensitivity easily adjusted with dip switches 3. Weather station to avoid false alarms caused by weather conditions.
1. Sensor Cable is pre-cut in 250ft/75m, 500ft/152m and 1000ft/305m
2. Each Processor (Analyzer) can monitor up to 2 zones (spools)
3. Maximum length per Processor is 2000ft/600m of sensor cable, 2 zones of 1000ft/305m
4. Each kit also includes: A processor in a weatherproof enclosure and sensor cable in the chosen length
5. To cover larger perimeters there is an option to combine as many kits as needed.
Operating Power Requirements: 12 – 24VDC 40mA @ 12VDC
Lightning Protection: Gas Discharge Devices on all Inputs/Outputs & Communication line.
Alarm Outputs: Intrusion and Line monitoring output for each zone. Dry contact relays with N.O. and N.C. contacts rated 1A @ 12VDC.
Power Status LED.
Alarm Relay Status LED.
Tamper Indication LED.
Connector: Screw Terminals for Sensor Cable Inputs for each zone.
Enclosure: NEMA 4x, IP-66
9.5″ x 7.5″ x 2.75” (24cm x 19.5cm x 7.0cm)
Weight: 2.2 lbs (1Kg)
Environment: Operating Temperature: – 40°F to 176°F (-40°C to 80°C)
Relative Humidity up to 98% non-condensing.
Sensor Cable & Accessories: Maximum length per zone: 1000ft (305m). Available in spools of 250/500/1000ft (75/152/305m)
Steel mesh outer skin
Diameter: 0.197” (5mm).
UV resistant cable ties (610 per Zone)
Options: VX-25: Weather Compensation Unit
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.